May 2, 2012

Cellar Ghosts


I’m a list kinda person; if for no other reason than to organize my own thoughts.  I don’t care to rank items, and I don’t believe in the concept of numerical grades – certainly not for wine. But curiously, I always tally the results: who, what, and where it was consumed. This blog is evidence of that; the core of the North of 9 tasting group is centred around the idea.  What could be more enjoyable than to reminisce about a few favourite bottles and the occasion for which they were opened?  I call them Cellar Ghosts, memorable empties… you get the picture.  

In our old stone cellar, I have several wooden wine cases.  Each crate is filled with empty bottles – time capsules, if you will, all containing a different story.  I can pick up any one of these bottles and recall when, where, and with whom we shared the contents. 

I’d like to share a few of my Cellar Ghosts with you...

Select the link button below to view:

Follow Me on Pinterest




No comments:

Post a Comment

Choose Anonymous if you're not sure what to select under 'Comment As'

Some background...

My photo
Tyler is a member of the Wine Writers' Circle of Canada and the Guild of Sommeliers. He writes about and reviews wine both online and via a variety of circulating publications. In 2009 Tyler founded North of 9 Fine Wine, a free public wine education resource where he publishes his Thoughts, Theory, and Recommendations. For additional vinous related information and learning, follow on Twitter @TylerOnWine